Saturday 27 February 2010

The after-life of GGD


So, as I told you the day before yesterday, I had the chance to be presenting my blog at the 14th Girls Geek Dinner!
To be true I was quite stressed and that didn't have to do with the fact that I had to speak to a room full of 100 people but with the fact that it was actually the first time that I was invited to do a presentation that didn't concern an economic analysis or a whatsoever economic subject! It had to do with something I created, something I love doing and something I do without much thinking:...the blogging!

As I was the last presenter, I decided that I prefered to speak less of who I am and what this blog is about, and more about the fashion blog scene in general. That decision was taken from the first moment I got the GGD invitation and it was taken because I truly believe in what I also said yesterday...
Fashion blogging is actually "a new reality" that some haven't realized yet. It transformed radically the way fashion business is made and maybe us bloggers didn't know that this was going to happen from the beginning but now we have to sort-of "mature" and be more responsible to our blog-work!

At the end of our presentations, we had the chance to answer the audience's questions and I was really happy to listen to people that are highly evolved to this business.

In their own words they said that Greek companies are actually interested in the Greek fashion blogs, that we have a very unique power that we need to keep: that of spreading the news in the best marketing way, that of word of mouth and that fashion blogs need to be taken seriously as they are not lacking in anything from a professional site.

The other blogs that were presented yesterday were: superficial intelligence , ohsochic.gr and LFoF Take a look at each one as they are excellent examples of the different forms of blogging!

For the ones of you that couldn't make it to come, here is my presentation. Just click with your mouse to go to the next slide. Without words it doesn't make much sense but at least you can get the idea of what was said!



first pic borrowed from AleccaRox

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Epitelous na arxisoume kai emeis stin Ellada na mpainoume dynamika ston xwro twn blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. polu oraia parousiasi!!! polu endiaferousa sizitisi i sxesi ton blogs me ti viomihania tis modas. Nomizo omos oti oi bloggers prepei na prosexoun polu gia na mi ginoun mini katefthinomena periodika me "afthormito" peritiligma! to pio dinato tous oplo einai i eilikrineia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great presentation! Congrats, and I have to say I'm in love with your shoes!! Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anastasia: συμφωνώ μαζί σου απόλυτα!!!

    @natalie: thanks girl! κρίμα που δεν ήρθες! τα παπούτσια είναι από το κατάστημα "21 the fashion market" το οποίο είναι στην Κηφισιά και τα έχω ερωτευτεί κι εγώ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations!
    it must've been really cool to speak about your blog in a lot of people...wow! happy for you!
    *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete

Followers

My photo
fashion lover but most of all style seeker